Settling In

Living room I LOVE THE NEW APARTMENT. Completely knocks the socks off of the old place. The quality of the floors and furnishings are much better than the last. And it's massive. 5 rooms, 2 full baths. We've got a third roommate now, so that means 2 offices and 3 bedrooms, and one of the offices can be converted into a guest room when our friends come to visit (a queue which is already building quickly).

Anyways, I've been busy with the new place, shopping for odds and ends to make life a bit more pleasant on us foreigners. On Monday I'm going downtown to give measurements to this seamstress for curtains. The ones that are currently up are pretty outdated. I'm also going to try to find someone to frame these silkscreened posters that I bought at shows this summer. And if I still have any energy after that I'll be shopping for a giant lamp for the living room, preferably one of those octopus-tentacle-like ones.

KitchenIt's great to be back. I was so timid about returning just a week ago, but it quickly feels like home again. Got to see a bunch of friends last night and was absolutely stoked to hear them say that my Chinese is better than when I left (I tried to practice as much as possible while gone). It was great to hear that because I was so scared that I'd lose it all...

One thing that I really enjoy about China is the people's sociable and fun-loving nature. Not to say Americans aren't this way, but I think we let our busy lives crowd out the good times way too much. And specifically where I was, in Atlanta, distance made things even harder. I had friends that lived over an hour away, so it was difficult to hang out often. Here, everyone is a 5 minute cab ride away, so we hang out all the time. Plus, being in a city, there's no shortage of stuff to see and explore. Just yesterday a friend told me that there's this observation tower right on the coast with a giant telescope where people can see all sorts of cool stuff in space. How awesome is that?

I recently did an interview and was asked what my favorite part of running Linty Fresh is. It's hard to narrow it down to just one thing since it's really been such an amazing experience, but I said it's the freedom I love most. LF has allowed me to be my own boss. I'm certainly not rolling in cash, but I have enough: enough to travel, enough to really experience life and broaden my horizons. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

posted by Mr. Linty @ 11:25 PM,

2 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger Vincent said...

Looks awesome! I'm excited for ya.

Send me over that story when you're ready for another pair of eyes to see it.

Stay safe man!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Mr. Linty said...

Thanks dude!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home